Friday, February 18, 2011

The Odyssey.

Something is really off with the way stars are aligning in the universe. I know the path, "like the back of my hands". I know where my river flows, how deep the my ocean is, and even know the height of the my mountain. I know where to go! But why is it that I can't move from where I am at? It seems as though this gravitational pull is so powerful that it leaves me stationary.
I have walked the road, swam in the river and ocean, and even made the  climbed up the mountain. But why can't I move. I can't even take a single step. I'm stuck! My universe is not aligning to what I see it to be. It's not like I am not waiting for anyone. I want to make the step, but somehow everyone is passing me by, like my life is in super slow motion. I want my life to keep moving again. I want to keep walking the road and even run perhaps, swimming the river and the ocean, and climb the mountain. 

What is happening? Its true in life, we have our ups and downs. One day we are at out highest high then the next we are in our highest lows. Like a roller coaster ride, ups and downs twist and turns like in Homer's The Odyssey. Its an epic story, to which we hold on to our goals, dreams, loves, in hope to overcome the trials and tribulations of the journey. In the story the protagonist took 10 years to make it home after the Trojan War. In those struggles, he battled mythical creatures and faced the wrath of the Gods. He continued on his journey to make it home to his wife and son. Ten years of struggles and the ups and downs of the journey, he made it home because in his heart, he has passion, a goal he needs to reach. He just kept on going. With this in mind, I just have to keep hoping and believing that life is always better on the other side, and to follow my dreams even if it takes me awhile to get there. 

1 comment:

  1. I always think of the odyssey! I love that story! It did take him so long and I remember his wife waited so long... Its true we have slow times and fast times in our lives but before you know it, it will be fast again! You just gotta believe that! All your hard work will pay off!

    ReplyDelete