Saturday, February 12, 2011

Chance encounters...

In my previous blog, I touched upon chance encounters. Through the course of our lives we come upon/ encounter/ hit a bump on the road/ meet that special someone, whatever it is...these little encounters are part of our daily lives. Sometimes even so small and minute, that we dismiss the moment and not even think about it. Chance encounters play an important role in our lives, even shape the course of everything.
Sometimes, we even look for chance encounters. We hope for that ray of light, the light at the end of the tunnel, the happy accidents, and for a better outcome. Everyone goes through difficulties in life and some go through life without facing such difficulties. Its all on how faith, and how the stars align within our moment in time, and even how the dice roll. We can all relate to the struggles and the bounty of happiness when it comes our way. But chance encounters are there for us to see what else is around. Right? We often spend a lot of our time working towards something that we longed for, but often enough times that what we are working for is completely clouded by some force of nature that steer us away to a completely different direction. For better or for worst. We just need to surround ourselves with positivity and completely reject all the negatives that will cloud our judgement and our decisions. 
So, here a question..The events and moments that led us to where our lives are at this moment, have they been the cause of these chance encounters? Its hard to believe/ think about the actions/decisions we choose and the steps we take...Can it all be related to chance encounters? Think about it. If, for instance, we come across a fork in the road, (like Robert Frost's The Road Not Taken), how do we decide which road to take? Can it also be tied to destiny and faith. How do we know? I maybe contradicting myself here, but in reality, how do we know?. 
By choosing the right path for us we weight the pros and cons of the outcome. Where the road leads, what will we encounter in the road we choose, we ask so many questions and we try to find answers. But what if some of us are impulsive and spontaneous? But reality speaking, we choose the path that will lead us to the best outcome. Correct? What if we are wrong?


This is just what is in my head. Chance encounters with decisions and people have shaped me and have molded me. My thoughts are all over the place here. You might get lost in reading it, but I just need to write it down. I just wanted to touch upon chance encounters. So Enjoy. 

1 comment:

  1. I like your post. Its so deep! I love it! Your making me think...

    It is SO crazy to think how chance encounters shape our lives. I was just thinking about Winston this morning and I thought to myself, how was I before I met him and how am I now? Since him and I aren't friends anymore. How has he changed me forever? I was thinking these thoughts because whenever I mention him now its as if it was a dream, being friends with him, laughing, hanging out, etc. So now that I look back, how is him (and other people)changing my life forever? Interesting thoughts thoughts though... I love it!
    I love chance encounters though- just like when I have deja vu - I feel like i'm in the right place at the right time.
    and if I was at the fork in the road and I had to choose between the left or right side I would choose the left I'm sure. maybe because I'm left handed, but I would always lean to the left lol!

    ReplyDelete